09/10/2008

You just need to double-click

Windows, GNOME and KDE keys for cut and pastin...Image via Wikipedia
I have never undergone any formal training in computers and whatever basics I know can be safely classified as through the trial and error method. 
The last few days I have encountered a problem. Despite my best efforts I am unable to highlight a sentence or a word by dragging on it. What happened was just as I released the mouse the highlight would disappear. You can say I was put off as most of my blogging is the result of the mighty cut and paste. :)
To surmount this problem, I did a google search when I landed on this article at the New York Times and learnt you just need to double-click a word or a sentence to highlight it. Needless to add I learnt a few more things from it.
Enhanced by Zemanta